JUSTICE AT TAS
“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.”
Tikkun Olam – Repairing the World. Members of our community work individually and together to advocate for better laws, policies, and programs that can make the world in which we all live healthier, kinder, stronger and fairer.
Summary of October 27th Meeting:
- Create TAS-Specific Tikkun Olam calendar so members and website visitors know what is available
- Begin planning for one major multi-year project plus adding more drives and individual events such as a Men’s Dress for Success clothing drive
- Seek to work with other Jewish and non-Jewish partners
- The RAC – the Religious Action Center of URJ – has a lot of resources we can access.
- Potential major project will focus on climate change/making TAS more environmentally friendly
- Continue work in the Gender Identity and Expression area
- Rebrand our work as the Tikkun Olam Committee
Continue to be SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound
If the Summary above interested you, the longer version is attached. Rabbi Jim Stoloff and Nilene Evans Chase welcome comments and ideas.
See our Gender Identity and Expression Initiative subpage for information about the work our Social Justice Committee is doing in the area of LGBTQIA rights both at TAS and in our broader community.
See Additional Social Justice Opportunities for additional ways to engage in tikkun olam.