TAS is collecting: Boxes of stuffing, mashed potatoes and cornbread; canned cranberry sauce, fruit and vegetables; canned pie filling; gravy for Thanksgiving kits. Please place your donations in the marked bins in the lobby by Thursday, November 21.
Plans are underway for Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey's 22nd annual Mitzvah Day, Sunda
y November 24th at 50 Eisenhower Drive in Paramus. Mark your calendar and join us for the morning (10-11:30 am) or afternoon (12:30–2:00pm) session. Hands-on activities for all ages will include:
- Creating gifts for seniors to be distributed to local nursing homes.
- Sorting and packing baby and children’s clothing to be distributed to families in need
- Making memory books for dementia patients.
- Assembling toiletry kits for those in need.
- Packaging new scarves, gloves and hats as holiday gifts to local Jewish agencies, to the homeless and to youth at risk in Israel
- Wrapping puzzles as holiday gifts for those struggling with emotional, psychiatric and addiction issues.
- Assembling Thanksgiving food kits for local food pantries.
You can register online to volunteer at www.jfnnj.org/mitzvahday.