Mitzvah Day is fast approaching and we need your help.
Plans are underway for Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey's 21st annual Mitzvah Day which will be held on Sunday November 18 at 50 Eisenhower Drive in Paramus. Mark your calendar and join us for the morning (10-11:30 am) or afternoon (12:30–2:00pm) session. We will be having hands-on activities on Mitzvah Day for people of all ages which will include:
- Making pet toys to be donated to local animal shelters.
- Sorting and packing baby clothing to be sent to Israel.
- Making memory books for Alzheimer patients.
- Making "Smile Kits" containing oral hygiene supplies for those in need.
- Wrapping new scarves, gloves and hats to be given as holiday gifts to local Jewish agencies and to the homeless
- Wrapping puzzles as holiday gifts for those struggling with emotional, psychiatric and addiction issues.
In order to ensure the success of the activities, we are starting our drive collections now. This year TAS will be collecting the following items:
- New toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss to make "Smile Kits".
Thank you for your past support to make Mitzvah Day a success.